InterIslander Information and Bookings
Why take the Ferry?
- Enjoy the natural beauty - Take an adventure on the amazing waterways of the Marlborough Sounds and the surrounding areas which have views that are not accessible by land.
- Travel in comfort and style - Each vessel has modern technology, comfortable lounges, food areas & observatory decks to ensure a pleasant & most enjoyable journey.
- Save on domestic flights - The cost of domestic flights as opposed to travelling on the ferry can be quite surprising.
- Unpack once and relax - There's no need to pack and unpack when you take the ferry and your vehicle with you. Passengers with vehicles do not have any luggage restrictions.
- Continue your journey - Have the opportunity to keep travelling in the direction you want to without needing transfers, queuing and checking-in at the airport.
Choice of Vessel
The Interislander offers daily ferry services across Cook Strait, linking New Zealand's North and South Islands. Cruise across on Arahura, Aratere or the Kaitaki in 3 hours. The choice of vessel is yours. All vessels carry passengers and vehicles. The travel cost is the same for all the ships.
Wellington and Picton Terminals
Making it Simple
Discovery Motorhomes wants to make it simple for you to complete your holiday arrangements. We can make your ferry reservation for you, even if you do not have a motorhome booked with us.
How to make a Reservation
- Choose a scheduled time or ship to travel on from the timetable
- View the rates to confirm the total cost for passengers & vehicles
- Submit booking request
It is so easy to make an Interislander booking!