Mighty Terms and Conditions
Valid for New BOOKINGS From 01 April 2014
Travel 01 April 2014- 31 March 2015
This document contains a summary of some of the Rental Conditions. For full detailed Conditions refer to the Rental Agreement on pick-up.
Branch Opening Hours
Branches are open all public holidays except Christmas Day (25 December).
A NZ$50surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National Public Holidays.
Standard Package Rates inclusions
- Vehicle Insurance - Standard Liability
- Unlimited Kilometres
- Kitchen Equipment
- Bedding & Linen
- Return Airport Transfers
- 15% GST (Goods & Services Tax)
- 24 hour Roadside Assistance
- Maps & Campground Guides
- Driver goes free to Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Liability Reduction Options
- Road User Charge Recovery Fee (RUCRF) if applicable
- Extra Driver Fees
- Refundable Vehicle Security Deposit
- Fuel and LPG Costs
- One-way Fees and Location Fees if applicable
- Public Holiday surcharge
Stress Free Package
The Stress Free Package is payable per day in addition to the daily rental rate as follows:
- Lowball, Highball, Jackpot & Double Down - NZ$30 per day (max NZ$1,500 per rental)
- Deuce & Double Up - NZ$42 per day (max NZ$2,100 per rental)
Stress Free Package inclusions as follows (this is in addition to the Standard Package inclusions):
- Liability Reduction (NIL liability)
- Road User Charge Recovery Fee (RUCRF)
- LP Gas Refill (PGO)
- Extra Driver Fees
- Tyre and Windscreen Cover* (valued at $5 per day)
- Camp Chairs (1 per person travelling)
- Camp Table
*Unlimited windscreen and tyres will be covered for accidental damage
*Note that tyre and windscreen cover is only available with the Stress Free Package and cannot be purchased separately
It is strongly recommended to purchase the Stress Free Package for travel with peace of mind.
Additional Protection Coverage
Wher the hirer purchases Additional Protection Coverage the cost of damage resulting from a single vehicle roll over will be covered. Additional Protection Coverage can only be purchased in conjunction with the LRO or Stress Free options
- All Campers - NZ$99 per rental
Road User Charge Recovery Fee (RUCRF)
The Road User Charge Recovery Fee is included in the Stress Free Package. If the Stress Free Package has not been selected the Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the vehicle based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100 km are as follows:
|Vehicle||Cost per 100km|
|2 Berth (toilet and shower)||NZ$5.32|
|2 Berth Diesel||NZ$5.32|
|4 Berth(non toilet and shower)||NZ$5.32|
Mighty reserves the right to amend the Road User Charge Recovery Fee in response to
changes in Government Road User Charges.
Credit and Debit Cards
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card and MasterCard. A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions. Credit card administration fees also apply to debited vehicle security deposits and only the hirer’s credit and debit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the vehicle security deposit.
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic Credit cards are not accepted for Bond Payments. An electronic credit card is one where the numbers are not raised.
FOR YOUR PROTECTION
New Zealand legislation provides limited coverage for personal injury. Mighty does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental and recommend the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they have personal travel insurance to cover for the loss/damage of personal belongings. Mighty strongly recommends that all people travelling in New Zealand take out personal travel insurance.
# In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All Vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a Third Party. The hirer is responsible for the first NZ$3,500 for the Jackpot, Lowball, Highball and Double Down Motorhomes and NZ$5,000 for the Deuce & Double Up Motorhome of the cost of damage to Third Party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break in or vandalism with the exception of the exclusions. This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs (demurrage). In addition to these costs, an administration fee of NZ$60 may apply, per claim.
The liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The liability will be refunded if Mighty is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the Third Party. Please note that Third Party claims can take months to resolve.
The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental.
Please see the Exclusions section below, whereby all liability cover will be made void.
The liability can be reduced, by the purchase of Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package.
Liability Reduction (LRO1)
|Cost per day||Liability Fee||Vehicle|
|$25 (max NZ$1,250)||NZ$0||Lowball,Highball,Jackpot,Double Down|
|$35 (max NZ$1,750)||NZ$0||Deuce & Double Up|
When Liability Reduction Option 1 has been purchased, the hirer will have no Liability at all with the exception of the exclusions.
Note Liability Reduction Option 1 is included in the Stress Free Package.
Stress Free Package
|Cost per day||Liability Fee||Vehicle|
|$30 (max NZ$1,500)||NZ$0||Lowball,Highball,Jackpot,Double Down|
|$42 (max NZ$2,100)||NZ$0||Deuce & Double Up|
Tyre and Windscreen Damage
Value per day is NZ$5
Tyre and Windscreen cover cannot be purchased seperately it is included in the Stress Free Package.
Please see the Exclusions section below, whereby all liability cover will be made void.It is recommended to all customers to take the Stress Free Package for travel with peace of mind.
All liability cover will be made void if any of the following Exclusions are breached:
- Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle except where the Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package has been purchased (does not include single vehicle roll over).
- A single vehicle rollover occurs except where The Single Vehicle Rollover Cover has been purchased.
- Tyre and windscreen damage unlessThe Stress Free Package has been purchased.
- Any water related damage, which includes but is not limited to:
- any vehicle submersion
- creek or river crossing
- driving through flooded areas
- beach driving
- Personal belongings. Mighty recommends the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they have travel insurance to cover for the loss/damage of personal belongings.
- Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (eg sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle.
- Any damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damage caused to the vehicle by snow chains.
- Cost of replacement of any lost or stolen additional hire items, living equipment or linen.
- The Customer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel or the use of Bio-Diesel which should not be used (fuel being diesel or petrol), or water or other contamination of fuel.
- The cost to retireve or recover a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abonded.
- The cost to replace keys, which have been lost or retrieval of keys, which have been locked in a vehicle.
- The vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as dictated by the vehicle type. If more passengers are carried than what is allowed Mighty does not accept any liability.
- Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
- Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
Vehicle Security Deposit
Upon vehicle collection, a vehicle security deposit is required. The amount is determined by the Liability Reduction Option Selected. The vehicle security deposit is applicable regardless if hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
For security purposes, only a credit card can be sued to provide a vehicle security deposit. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the vehicle security deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and serverally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a vehicle security deposit. Visa and MasterCard debit cards are acceptable provided the card is being used as a credit card.
Debited vehicle security deposits are subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the vehicle security deposit amount. Accepted credit cards are Visa or MasterCard.
If a Liability Reduction Option is not selected, the vehicle security deposit is NZ$5,000 for the Deuce and Double Up and NZ$3,500 for all other motorhomes payable by credit card.
The NZ$3,500 or NZ$5,000 is debited to the hirers card when the vehicle is collected. For this reason it is important that the hirer have the funds available on the credit card and that the amount does not exceed the hirers daily withdrawal allowance available on the credit card.
If Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package are booked, the vehicle security deposit is NZ$250.
The NZ$250 is taken as an imprint to the hirers credit card when the vehicle is collected. An imprint simply records a figure against the hirers credit card of NZ$250 that Mighty can then debit if required.
The vehicle security deposit is fully refundable, including the applicable credit card surcharge if
the card used to provide the vehicle security deposit is a Visa or MasterCard, provided the vehicle is returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, in a clean condition with full fuel tanks (fuel being petrol or diesel) and gas bottle. Except where the customer has purchased the Pre-Purchase Gas Option (PGO is in the Stress Free Package) and/or Pre Purchase Fuel, failure to return the vehicle with full petrol or diesel tanks and/or a full LPG bottle will result in refill charges, which will be advised upon return of the vehicle. Failure to adhere to these requirements will result in additional charges plus an administration fee of $50.
Mighty reserves the right to retain an NZ$250 cleaning fee if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition. This includes smoking related cleaning, as smoking is not permitted in the vehicle. The toilet and waste water tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle, or an additional NZ$125 soiling fee will be retained.
FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ONLY THE HIRERS CREDIT CARD CAN BE USED FOR VEHICLE SECURITY DEPOSITS.
- The Minimum Rental period is 5 days. with the exception of the Lowball campervan, which has a minimum hire of 3 days when pick up and return location are the same.
- All campervan rentals with a collection date between 20 December and 10 January are subject to a 10 day minimum requirement.
- Minimum rental period is 10 days when a vehicle is being collected from the North Island and is being returned to the South Island if the rental commences between the 1st of October through to 31st of March.
- Minimum rental period is subject to change during peak periods.
- Rental days are calculated on a calender day basis. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick up is counted as day one of the rental, regardless of pick up time. The day of the vehicle return is counted as the final day of the rental.
- Late Pick-up or early return of vehicle, does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- Mighty pick up is a self service process and requires the Customer to have completed Self Check-In online or in the branch. If additional service is required from a Mighty staff member, a fee of NZ$50 may apply.
- The customer is required to pick up at the time stated on the Rental Agreement. If the Customer wishes to change this time prior to the day of drop off, they must obtain authorisation from the Mighty Reservation Centre. Mighty allows a grace period of 59 minutes
- The customer is required to drop off at the time selected when booking is confirmed. If the Customer wishes to change this time prior to the day of travel, they must obtain authorisation from the Mighty Reservation Centre. Mighty allows a grace period of 59 minutes
- If the customer wishes to extend the rental for an extra day(s) whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from reservations or any of the Mighty branches. The rental extension is subject to availability. The cost of an extended rental day(s) must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation for a rental extension will result in a daily fee of NZ$150 in addition to the daily rate.
- Important – please specify accurate pick up and drop off times. Pick up and drop off outside of these times may cause a delay and impact the time spent at the branch.
One way rentals are available between all branch locations
For rentals commencing between the 1st October and 31st March a one way rental fee of NZ$210 is charged for the Lowball, Highball, Jackpot, Deuce and Double Down rentals or NZ$260 for Double Up, for rentals between the North and South Islands and vice versa.
The one-way fee is charged per hire.
Location Fees will apply if applicable.
Queenstown Location Fee
A location fee of NZ$210 applies to all campervans with showers and toilets picking up or dropping off in Queenstown.
If the pickup and drop off occurs in the same city , only one location fee will apply. One way fees will apply if applicable.
Public Holiday Surcharge
A $50 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National public holidays
- New Years Day (1st January)
- Day after New Years Day (2nd January)
- Waitangi Day (6th February)
- Good Friday (18th April)
- Easter Monday (21st April)
- ANZAC Day (25th April)
- Queens Birthday (2nd June)
- Labour Day (27th October)
- Boxing Day (26th December)
Additional products and services
- Camp Table - NZ$25 per rental
- Camp Chair - NZ$18 per rental
- Extra Driver Fees - NZ$5 per day, per driver (max charge $NZ150), per hire
- Baby/Booster - NZ$36 per rental
- Portable Shower Hire - NZ$16 per rental
- Electrical Adaptor - NZ$14 for purchase
- Portable Heater - NZ$16 per rental
- Snow Chains - NZ$36 per rental
- First Aid Kit - NZ$35 for purchase
- Souvenir Atlas - NZ$25 for purchase
- GPS - NZ$10 per day (max charge of NZ$100)
- Pre-purchase Gas Option (PGO) - NZ$28-$38 depending on vehicle.
- Single Vehicle Rollover Cover - $99 per rental
Note the PGO, Extra Driver Fees, Camp Chair and Table are included in the Stress Free Package.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations or any of the Mighty Branches. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original date booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of NZ$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Change of Location
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination from what was oriinally booked, permission must be first obtained from reservations.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to NZ$750 may apply.
Mighty offers a shuttle transfer between our Auckland branch and Auckland Airport, Christchurch Branch and Christchurch Airport and Queenstown Branch and Queenstown Airport.
Infringements and Administration Fees
Mighty reserves the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines and/or vehicle damage including Third Party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle. In addition to these costs Mighty reserve the right to charge for associated administration costs for processing of fines (irrespective of liability) and/or claims in the event of the customer not having a NIL liability. In addition to the costs assocaited per fine and/or cliam, an administration fee of NZ$60 will be applicable.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and bank transaction fees there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Mighty does not accept any liability for variances up or down.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by an accredited English translation. The translation must be provided by a NZ Transport Agency authorised translation service or a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or the authority that issued your overseas licence (an International Driving
Permit may be acceptable as a translation if in English).
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Age Restrictions for the Lowball, Highball or Jackpot
Drivers must be 18 years of age or over.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental, they can be combined to qualify for longer term hire discounts off the vehicle rate. Consecutive campervan hire for Australia & New Zealand can be combined to qualify if travel is within a 3 month period. For all rentals to qualify each booking needs to be made at the same time. If a customer makes another booking at a later time, the new booking can be combined to qualify if the vehicle collection date/s are within a 3 month period however, the original bookings will only qualify for a discount if the booking/s are not already travelling or travelled.
Longer-term discounts must be requested at time of booking.
For campervans that pick up and drop off on the same day, the less expensive rental day will be free of charge. This also applies to the Liability Reduction option or the Stress Free Package if applicable.
If multiple hires are within the same country and total days exceed 50 days only the maximum charge applicable to Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package will apply. If combining a vehicle hire with another Mighty vehicle that has a more expensive Stress Free Package or Liability Reduction Option, the more expensive Stress Free Package / Liability Reduction maximum cost is applied.Vehicle security deposits can be transferred between most multiple rentals. This service is available when the booked products are campervans and the vehicle security deposit is the same.
Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well maintained roads.
No vehicle is permitted to travel on:
- Skippers Road (Queenstown)
- Ninety Mile Beach (Northland)
- Ball Hut Road (Mt Cook)
- Bluff Road that runs between Kuatunu and Mataurangi
- North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula)
Mighty reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Customer Care On-Road Assistance
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Mighty as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Mighty the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise any claims for compenstion. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact us toll free on: 0800 788 558
Repairs up to NZ$200 may be affected wthout authorisation and will be reimbursed upon presentation of a receipt. For amounts over NZ$200, Mighty will need to be informed in advance. Repairs will be approved provided the customer was not directly responsible for the damage. Receipts must be submitted for any repair or the claim will not be paid.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Mighty reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Cancellation and Amendments
You must put any request to Cancel or Amend in writing or we cannot action. The date of the email will determine the following Cancellation fees:
- If cancelled up to 22 days prior to pick-up = Loss of deposit or 20%
(whichever is higher)
- If cancelled from 21 to 7 days prior to pick-up = 20% + $100 admin fee
- If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to pick-up = 50% + $100 admin fee
- If cancelled on day of pick up or No-Show = 100%
If vehicle is returned early there is no refund available for the unused days and a No Show is considered as 100% Cancellation.
Amendments: $50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. If rental is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended. Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
If the amendment results in changing vehicle brands your deposit is non transferable.
Amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Mighty reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs.
Personal and Company Cheques
Personal and Company cheques will not be accepted as payment for any balances due at the time of pick-up. If you wish to pay your rental to Discovery Rentals in advance you must advise us first and cheque must be received by 5 days prior to payment due date by posting to P.O Box 270 Springwood QLD 4127.
We will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur we will charge for the shortfall.Note: Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.