Wendekreisen Terms & Conditions
This document contains a summary of some of the Rental Conditions. For full detailed Conditions refer to the Rental Agreement on pick-up.
Branch Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Please note that Wendekreisen cannot accept any vehicle collections after 4:30pm weekdays and 12.30pm on weekends / public holidays unless an after-hours vehicle collection has been pre-arranged.
There is a charge of NZ$60 for after-hours vehicle collections. After hours vehicle collections are not available after 20.00pm and before 6.30am. Customers are advised to arrange for accommodation before and after travelling in New Zealand
Standard Daily Rates Include
- Unlimited Kilometres
- 15% GST (Goods & Services Tax)
- RUCF (Diesel tax)
- Fully Equipped Vehicles with Quality Linen
- Extra Driver Fees
- All Cleaning Fees
- Airport transfers upon vehicle collection and return
- Nationwide Roadside Assistance
- 24 hour Freephone Available
- Maps and Tourist information
COMPULSORY STANDARD INSURANCE:
NZ$16.00 per day with an excess/bond of NZ $ 1500 for drivers over 25 years (NZ$ 2000 for drivers of 21 to 24 years). A credit card imprint of the bond is sufficient. This insurance option is capped at 50 rental days or NZ$800 per hire.
STANDARD INSURANCE PLUS TYRE AND WINDSCREEN COVER:
NZ$22.00 per day, as per the above but with additional Tyre/Windscreen Cover. No excess applies to damaged tyres or windscreen. A credit card imprint for the bond is sufficient. This insurance option is capped at 50 rental days or NZ$1100 per hire.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE (FULL COVER INSURANCE AND EXTRAS):
NZ$36.00 per day will reduce the excess for any vehicle to $250.00 ($500 for drivers 21 to 24 years). Covers all damages (including overhead & underbody damages), compulsory standard insurance and windscreen/tyre cover. This package also includes all 'Optional Extras'. This insurance option is capped at 50 rental days or NZ$1800 per hire.
- The hirer is at all times fully liable (without a monetary limit) for:
- a. Any damage to the WTL vehicle or third party property if the terms of the rental agreement are breached
- b. Damages caused by racing, speed tests or other contests
- c. Damage caused by careless, willful or reckless driving
- d. Damage caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- e. Damage caused by driving on restricted roads
- f. Damage to or loss of any personal belongings g. Damage caused by the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
- h. Damage caused by water submersion or salt water damage
- i. Damage caused in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage and loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle.
- j. Cost to retrieve or recover vehicles which have become bogged submerged or abandoned
- k. Cost to replace vehicle keys that have been lost or damaged or retrieval of keys that are locked in the vehicle
- l. Damages by the use of snow chains
- m. Damages due to overloading of the vehicle
The security bond is equal to the excess amount of your insurance option (see above). A credit card imprint is sufficient. Please note that Wendekreisen Travel Ltd cannot accept cash payments. All payments must be made by bank transfer, EFTPOS, Visa/Mastercard or NZ Bank Cheque. We no longer accept American Express or Diners.
Security Bond Refunds
The bond will not be charged on return of the vehicle provided that:
- The vehicle is returned to the agreed location at the agreed time
- No damage is incurred to the vehicle or any 3rd party property
- The vehicle is returned with a fuel level as marked on the damage sheet at vehicle collection
- Waste water tank and toilet have been emptied
- No items belonging to Wendekreisen Travel have been lost or damaged
- All traffic fines and toll road fees have been paid
- The vehicle is returned in a reasonably clean condition
Please note that Wendekreisen Travel Ltd cannot accept cash payments. All security bond payments must be made by EFTPOS, Credit Card or NZ Bank Cheque. If paid by credit card, an imprint will be taken but not charged unless the above conditions have not been met.
Airport Transfers & Vehicle delivery
Wendekreisen offers a complimentary transfer between airports and our depots
Please advise your arrival details (date, time, flight number, accommodation, expected time of vehicle collection).
After your arrival at Auckland Airport, please call us on free phone 0508 109 328 and select option 1. Please await our representative in front of the Departures Terminal at door three. Should no one be available, please take a taxi to our depot. The cost of approx. NZ$35 will be refunded to you if a receipt is provided.
If you spend the first night at a hotel near Auckland Airport, please ring us on free phone 0508 109 328 and select option 1 to organise a transfer. Please await our driver in front of your hotel.
Taxi or shuttle costs from the city will be refunded up to a maximum of NZ$35 if a receipt is provided. We recommend you pre-book your transfer to our depot the night before. Please contact "Discount Taxis" (ph. 09-529 1000) to arrange the transfer and advise us of your estimated arrival time at the depot.
After your arrival at the airport or your airport hotel, please ring us on our Freephone number 0508 109 328, select 2 for Christchurch Transfers to organize your pick up and await our agent in front of the terminal or your hotel. Should no one be available, please take a taxi to our depot or book the Super-Shuttle (Freephone: 0800 748 885). The cost of approx. NZ$30 will be refunded to you if a receipt is provided.
If you are staying in the city, please take a taxi, the cost of approx. NZ$20 will be refunded to you if a receipt is provided.
We do NOT recommend vehicle collections immediately after longhaul flights. Wendekreisen advises that a minimum of 8hours rest is recommended to ensure safe travels. Please also note that afternoon collections may also face significant traffic congestion. We strongly recommend any international visitors arriving off long-haul flights stay overnight prior to picking up their motorhomes. Please also take the time to visit www.drivesafe.org.nz which provides educational information in regards to safe driving practices on New Zealand Roads.
One Way Rentals
One way rentals are available at no extra charge but must be organised at time of booking.
Change of Pick Up or Return Location
A change of pick up or return date/location is subject to availability. If the hirer wishes to change the pick up or return date/location after a booking has been confirmed, approval by Wendekreisen must be obtained. A breach of contract relating to the pick up or return date/location will incur a NZ$1000 penalty fee.
Vehicles have to be returned on the date, place and time as shown on the contract. Late returns will result in extra charges. The hirer is obliged to return the vehicle:
- With a fuel level that is marked on the damage sheet
- In a reasonably clean condition
- With empty holding tank and toilet
Extra charges apply should these obligations be ignored
Rental charges for campervans, motorhomes & recreational vehicles are calculated on a daily basis, irrespective of pick-up time. Charges include unlimited kilometers, all equipment (excludes ‘optional extras’) and GST (15%).
Additional items are to be requested at time of reservation or upon vehicle collection and paid by customer on the day of vehicle collection (in NZ dollars):
- Baby / Booster Seat* - NZ$36 per rental
- After Hours Charge - NZ$60 per collection/return
- Snow Chains - NZ$75 per rental
- DVD Unit (to suit Koru 6) - NZ$ 50 per hire
- Multimedia Centre (12 Inch TV/DVD/USB/SD) – NZ$75 per hire
- Tom Tom GPS Unit NZ$ 5 per day (min. $60; Max. $100)
- Satellite TV antenna & decoder – NZ$75 per hire
Available in the following models:
a. Koru Star 2+1
b. Koru Star 2ST
c. Koru 4
d. Koru 6
e. Budget 4
Drivers Licence and Minimum Age
A valid national driver license is required. National driver licenses which are not in English need to be presented in conjunction with an official translation or valid international driver license. The minimum driver age is 21 years. All drivers must have had a full and valid driver’s license for no less than 12 months. All Wendekreisen vehicles can be operated with a car license valid to a tare vehicle weight of 3.5tonnes. The driver must ensure his/her license is valid for the vehicle hired in this agreement.
In New Zealand, personal injury due to an accident is covered by the Accident Compensation Commission (ACC). However, Wendekreisen strongly recommends that customers take out Personal Travel Insurance.
Rental Period Extension
A hire extension is subject to availability and authorisation by Wendekreisen Travel. Any costs associated with the extension will be disclosed prior to confirmation and charged on drop off.
Minimum Hire Period
The minimum hire period throughout the summer season (1st October – 30th April) is 5 days.
The minimum hire period throughout the winter season (1st May – 30th September) is 10 days.
On Road Assistance
In the event of mechanical problems, the hirer must contact Wendekreisen Travel by calling 0508 109328 (select option 3) or 09-2560136. The Wendekreisen help desk will direct you to the closest service center. Retrospective claims for refunds cannot be considered if the hirer has not made contact with the Wendekreisen roadside assistance team.
A Wendekreisen vehicle must not be driven on Skippers Road (Queenstown), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), Tasman Valley Road (Mt. Cook) and North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula). All other public roads are permitted throughout New Zealand.
Repairs of up to NZ$50.00 can be completed without authorization by Wendekreisen. All repair costs up to NZ$50.00 will be refunded upon submission of receipts. All repairs exceeding NZ$50.00 require approval by Wendekreisen Travel.
Wendekreisen wishes to advise that no responsibility will be accepted for accommodation charges, meals or out-of-pocket expenses resulting from a breakdown. Wendekreisen will accept liability (and may process appropriate refunds) where the vehicle was unusable due to mechanical failure and the hirer made reasonable effort to contact Wendekreisen roadside assistance by calling 0508 109328 or 09-2560136.
Wendekreisen Travel reserves the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to any refund. Should Wendekreisen not be able to supply a comparable vehicle, Wendekreisen will compensate the hirer for each day lost.
Cancellation and Amendments
You must put any request to Cancel or Amend in writing or we cannot action. The date of the email will determine the following Cancellation fees:
- FREE cancellation on all bookings up to 45 days prior to pick-up - Valid for new bookings from 1st April 2016
- If cancelled 44 up to 31 days prior to pick-up = Loss of deposit or 20%
(whichever is higher)
- If cancelled from 30 to 8 days prior to pick-up = 30% + $100 admin fee
- If cancelled 7 days prior to pick-up or No-Show = 50% + $100 admin fee
- Early return of vehicle = No refunds
Amendments: $50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. If rental is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended. Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
Amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs.
We will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur we will charge for the shortfall.
Note: Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.