Motorhome Departure Guide
Top 10 Tips Before You Go
- Around a week before you depart, Pre-register your motorhome hire
with your selected motorhome company (select companies only). This will save you time and hassle when you pick up your motorhome and let you get on
the road faster.
- Visit our Motorhome Holiday Checklist to find out everything you need to bring
along on your motorhome holiday.
- Print out your Trip Confirmation Voucher, Depot Map and Cheap-Stays Guide -
then bring them along with you.
- Pack for your trip using soft baggage (backpacks, duffle bags). Hard suitcases will not fit into your motorhome's storage compartments.
- Ensure that you have enough available credit on your credit card to cover the full amount of your rental and security bond.
- Ensure that your driver's license is valid, up to date and in English. Those holding a
driver's license that is not in English may require an international driver´s
- Motorhome branches tend to be busiest between the hours of 9:00AM — 10:30AM. To avoid long waiting times, we recommend picking up your motorhome
outside of these peak hours.
- Visit Price Watch to find out the latest (and best) fuel prices for different
regions in New Zealand.
- Visit our Overnight Stays page to find out the best places to camp around New Zealand.
- Check out our Suggested Itineraries page to discover the best places to visit on both the
South and North Islands.
Enjoy your motorhome adventure!