Interislander Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate only to the Interislander Ferry bookings and not to your Motorhomes booking. Go here to view our Motorhome Terms & Conditions.
Vouchers issued by Discovery Motorhomes cannot be refunded directly by Interislander. You will be required to apply for a refund in writing to our Reservations Department.
Cancellations and No Shows will be charged a percentage of the total price paid. The cancellation policy may vary for services with high demand.
- More than 1 hour prior to departure - $30 admin fee
- Less than 1 hour prior to departure - 100% of fare paid
- After scheduled departure - 100% of fare paid
- No Show (not cancelling and not turning up) - 100% of fare
Note: If you are going to miss the Ferry and it is urgent you are required to contact Interislander by phone -
Inside Reservations Hours
|Outside Reservation Hours
Mon-Fri 5.30pm to 8.00pm
Sat 12.00pm to 6.00pm
Sun 8.00am to 6.00pm
Ph: 0800 003 022
Emailing or leaving a message after hours with Discovery Motorhomes will not constitute cancellation advice has been received.
Our refund policy is that once we have received notification from you in writing and determined that you are eligible for a refund, we will process a refund to your credit card less a $30 administration fee.
Refunds may take up to 10 days to process.
You must present your voucher on arrival to Interislander Check In staff. You will not be allowed to travel without the printed voucher and you will be charged you a full adult fare.
If you realise you do not have your voucher please contact us on 0800 003 022 and we can arrange for a copy to be faxed to the Ferry Terminal on your behalf.
Passengers with a Vehicle
If you are travelling with a vehicle, check in no later than 1 hour prior to departure time. To minimise delays, please have your voucher ready to present to check-in staff.
If a vehicle passenger wishes to board via the gangway, instead of staying in the vehicle, the vehicle and all passengers should first check in together to arrange for the groups boarding passes to be split up. This should be completed at the terminal, before reporting to the vehicle check-in area.
During the sailing, access to the vehicle deck is not permitted. Please take any items you require during the sailing with you to the passenger areas onboard.
For the safety of all passengers:
- Turn off LPG tanks on campervans.
- Do not use cell phones during the boarding of, or disembarking from, our vessels.
- If boarding at night, please turn off your lights once you have entered the ship, as they may dazzle the crew giving parking instructions to drivers.
- Once parked, ensure your handbrake is fully engaged and your car is in gear (or in park for automatic vehicles).
- Lock your vehicle, and ensure all loose items on or in your vehicle are safe and secure from loss, damage or theft.
Travelling with a Vehicle
If you are travelling with a vehicle you may carry as much luggage as your vehicle can contain.
If you are a 'Walk-on Passenger' you can check-in two items of luggage per person:
- Each item may weigh up to 32kg and be 200 linear cm.
- Excess luggage is subject to weight restrictions and will incur an extra charge.
- Large sporting equipment such as surfboards and canoes will be carried subject to an additional payment.
In Wellington, short-term parking of up to 30 minutes is available, free of charge. Please note, though, that space is limited and in great demand, especially during peak times.
Port Marlborough provides 60 minute car parking near the Picton terminal entrance, free of charge. Please observe the well sign-posted parking limits.
Passengers with Disabilities
Please ensure that you let us know any special requirements prior to travel, so that we can offer the best possible service.
Elderly or disabled passengers travelling in a vehicle should advise terminal staff at the time of check-in, who can arrange for the vehicle to be parked as closely to the onboard elevator as possible.
- Easy access to toilets.
- Elevators for transferring to the passenger deck.
- Motorised carts and staff are available to help passengers in wheelchairs board and leave the vessel.
- Convenient parking with easy access to the passenger deck.
How to make a Reservation
Click on this link to start the process now: Interislander Quote
Sailing times and prices are worked out for you during Quoting process, however to get more information
view our timetable or rates pages.
It is so easy to make an Interislander booking!