Jucy Campa Terms & Conditions
Valid 01 June 2013 to 31 March 2014
Rates and Conditions
Rates and conditions quoted are subject to change without notice. However (subject to changes in legislation or errors) we will not alter rates or conditions applicable to your rental once your booking has been confirmed by Jucy. Please note all prices quoted in New Zealand Dollars.
Branch Opening Hours
(allow 1 hour for collection)
|Auckland||September - March
Monday - Sunday
April - August
Monday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
6.30am - 6.30pm
8.00am - 6.00pm
8.00am - 5.00pm
|Christchurch||Monday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
|8.00am - 6.00pm
8.00am - 5.00pm
|Auckland City||Monday - Sunday||8.00am - 4.30pm|
|Queenstown||Monday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
|8.00am - 5.30pm
8.30am - 5.30pm
|Wellington||Monday - Sunday||8.00am - 6.00pm|
All branches are closed Christmas Day and New Years Day
Jucy will let and the hirer will take on the motor vehicle described in the details below -
Duration of Hire / Amendments to Hire
- The term of shire shall commence and cease at the time and dates specified. Please note that Jucy charges on a per calendar day basis.
- Standard minimum hire period is 5 days.
- Minimum hire periods are based on fleet distribution and availability, Jucy reserves the right to change without warning.
- Rates and conditions are correct at time of print and are subject to change without notice. However (subject to changes in legislation or errors) we will not alter rates applicable to your rental once your booking has been confirmed, unless a booking is amended.
- All amendments are subject to approval by Jucy. If a reservation collection, return location, category, collection point or return date(s) is amended prior to collection, the rate may be recalculated.
- Rate calculations are based on the rate at the time of reservation or the new rate at time of amendment (whichever is higher). In the instance where an extension is made while on hire with Jucy, Jucy will calculate the additional days charge at the applicable vehicle rate.
- Should the hirer decided to voluntarily downgrade their vehicle type from the category booked, they will not be entitled to a refund.
- Jucy must authorise any rental extension beyond that specified in the rental agreement prior to the return of the vehicle. All extensions are subject to availability and must be requested through our reservations team at least 48 hours prior to the drop off dates on the original contract. Jucy reserves the right to charge a penalty fee of NZ$500 in addition to the currently daily rental rate per day of the unauthorised extension to anyone in breach of this.
Cancellation & Amendments
In the case of cancelling your reservation, the deposit is Non Refundable. In addition there is a $100 cancellation fee. A No Show is considered as a cancellation.
Amendments are charged at a rate of $60 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. No refund will be given on the initial deposit paid.
If an amendment is made to the rental whereby the length of hire is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit amount. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked.
Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
Please note that amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Persons Who May Drive the Vehicle
The vehicle may be driven during the full period of the hire only by the persons named in the contract, and only if they hold a valid drivers licence which must be presented at time of pick up. (NOTE: Only persons 18 years and over may be hirers and authorised drivers).
It is a requirement for all drivers in New Zealand to present a drivers license that is in English and adhere to the individual conditions of that license whilst on the road in New Zealand.
The international drivers licence or permit must be in English, or an accurate English translation of the licence or permit must be given. An accurate English translation is a defined term, and means that the translation must be given by a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or an overseas issuing authority or a translation service acceptable to the NZTA.
Payment by Hirer
- The hirer shall pay Jucy in full prior to dispatch (as payment for the hire of the vehicle for the agreed period) the sum specified on your contract. The hirer must have a valid credit card. The hirer agrees to pay any additional costs in connection with the hire including (but no limited to) parking and speeding fines, damage to the vehicle, puncture repair and relocation and cleaning fees incurred in connection with the hirers possession of the vehicle, including those which become apparent following termination of the hire. The hirer authorises Jucy to debit his credit card for the same.
- In addition to the payment specified in clause 4 the hirer shall pay to Jucy the sums specified for Insurance Cover as set out in the agreement.
- The hirer shall pay for all petrol or diesel (but not oil) used in the vehicle during the period of the hire.
- The hirer will be responsible for the entire cost of the hire should the voucher they present not be paid by the agent. The total payment will be charged to the clients credit card should payment from agent not be received.
- The following credit cards will be accepted: Visa, Mastercard & Amex. A credit card administration fee of 2% applies to use of Visa and Mastercard and 4% applies to use of Amex for payment and security bond purposes. The credit card administration fee will not be refunded if the hirer cancels the booking.
- Smoking and animals are not permitted in the vehicle at any time.
- The hirer shall ensure that all responsible care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is left securely locked when not in use.
- The hirer shall ensure that all recommended levels are maintained with respect to the water in the radiator and battery, the oil and the tyre pressures of the vehicle.
- It is the hirers responsibility to be awares and in compliance with all New Zealand Land Transport rules and regulations.
- All authorised drivers are bound by the terms and conditions of the hire and must carry their driver’s licence with them when driving.
- For any new damage to the vehicle or its accessories or spare parts, the customer must notify JUCY of the full circumstances of the damage as soon as practical but within a maximum of 24 hours from the time the customer has knowledge of the damage.
- Travelling with Children: The Child Restraint Law stipulate that children under 7 must be properly restrained in an approved child restraint. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure the child restraint is installed correctly. It is strongly recommended by Land Transport New Zealand that children should be seated in the rear of a vehicle.
- If there is an equipment defect or mechanical failure of the vehicle during the hire, the customer must notify JUCY within 24 hours. If the customer fails to notify JUCY within this time then the customer waives JUCY’s obligations to investigate the issue of which the customer will be liable for any resulting damage.
- The customer shall ensure that a copy of the rental agreement is kept in the vehicle throughout the term of the hire and produced without delay for inspection on demand by an enforcement officer.
- Subject to the exclusions set out below, the hirer and any driver authorised to drive the vehicle is indemnified up to a limit of NZ$2,000,000; this is in respect of any liability that he or she might have for damage to any property (including injury to any animal) belonging to any other person and arising out of use of the vehicles.
- In the event of a single vehicle accident, the liability is increased (as per the insurance options below).
- Third Party Insurance is included in the quoted rate. The third party insurance covers you for all damage to a third party vehicle in the unlikely event of an accident.
NOTE: Standard & LRO1 do not cover tyre & windscreen/window damage, exterior body, under body or single vehicle accidents. Stress Free Insurance covers all damage including tyre & windscreen damage, all window damage, underbody & overhead damage, single vehicle accidents, diesel tax, LPG refill cost, 1 x picnic chair per person and no one way fees.
You are required to take one of the following insurance options:
Insurance Liability Fee NZ$3,000 (NZ$3,500 for single vehicle accidents).
Insurance Liability Fee NZ$1,500. Pay an additional NZ$20 per day (NZ$2,500 for single vehicle accidents).
- Stress Free:
Insurance Liability NIL plus added cover (see above). Pay an additional NZ$25 per day (includes single vehicle accidents).
It is recommended for all clients to take the Stress Free Package to minimize liability exposure and travel with total peace of mind.
All liability options are void if the terms of the rental agreement are breached.
- If Standard Insurance has been taken (as per info above), the liability is payable by credit card only. Please note that this amount will be debited from your credit card immediately. The bond is fully refundable provided the vehicle is returned on time to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior and with a full fuel tank. Please note the bond will be debited regardless of insurance purchased through a third party. Refunds can take 5 or more working days to be processed.
- Jucy reserves the right to bank the bond amount after the termination of the hire agreement to cover the cost of un-notified infringements or damage to third parties or their property.
- Where the third party causes damage, the hirer is liable for damages as specified in their rental agreement. As insurance is not compulsory in New Zealand there is no guarantee that these damages will be recovered, therefore the bond may be banked and not refunded.
- Where the vehicle has been returned during or outside office hours and the vehicle has undiscovered damage to the windscreen or body not cover by insurance, the client will be charged and sent a letter summarizing the cost of repairs.
- In the event of a replacement vehicle is given due to an accident, any excess reduction option taken is not transferable to the replacement vehicle. You must purchase a new excess reduction option for the replacemnent vehicle.
- Damage includes any and all damage to third party property, damage to the rented vehicle including tyres, windscreens, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism. This also includes the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for repair.
- You are liable for any loss of, or damage to, the vehicle and its accessorie,s any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by JUCY, including salvage costs, loss of ability to re-hire and loss of revenue; and any loss of, or damage to, vehicles and property of third parties,
arising during the term of hire, Standard excess as defined in the Rental Agreement applies
- The hirer agrees to release and indemnify JUCY from and against all actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, expenses, harm or other misadventure which the customer may suffer or incur or become liable for as a result of the use or misuse of the vehicle.
- The liability fee is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The liability fee will only be refunded only if Jucy Rentals is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please not that third party claims can take many months to resolve.
All Liability Reduction is void if the terms of the Rental Agreement are breached. The hirer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage.
- The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects their ability to drive the vehicle
- The vehicle is in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the customer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or un-roadworthy condition of the vehicle
- The vehicle is driven by any person not named on the Rental Agreement.
- The vehicle including its accessories and spare parts is damaged as a result of submersion in water, including crossing creeks, rivers, flooded fords, salt water or on beaches.
- Continuing to drive if a warning light appears or where the coolant tempreture gauge enters a red zone (High) results in the hirer being responsible for all costs incurred.
- Insurance options do not cover any damage caused by the use of snow chains and roof racks that have not been hired through Jucy..
- No insurance option covers the cost to replace keys which have been lost or the cost of retrieval of keys which have been locked inside a vehicle and for changing tyres.
- Standard and LRO1 do not cover any: breakages or defacement or the vehicles interior, theft or attempted theft resulting in damage.
- Personal belongings are not covered. We recommend the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and should take out personal insurance.
- The hirer will be responsible for all resulting damage caused by wilful conduct. For example and not limited to, sitting or standing on the bonnet, boot or roof of the vehicle, propelling an object(s) from the vehicle.
- The vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged by the hirer or any other person named in the Schedule to this agreement or driving the vehicle under the authorisation of the hirer, or is lost as the result of wilful or reckless behavior of the hirer or any such person. (Note: Punctures, damage to tyres, rims, burning out a clutch and any damage arising from using the vehicle to propel any other vehicle are regarded as wilful or reckless damage.)
- The insurance options do not cover the incorrect filling of fluid tanks. Place the correct type of fuel in the vehicles tank (petrol or diesel only). The hirer will be responsible for any associated costs.
- The hirer will be responsible for the cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle which has become bogged or immobile regardless of the insurance option taken.owing must be authorised by Jucy in the first instance.
- If the vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest or the vehicle is used for the purpose of reward i.e. as a taxi or courier; insurance is void.
- The hirer is not a body corporate or department of State and the vehicle is driven by any person not named in the Schedule to this agreement.
- The vehicle is driven by any person who at the time when he/she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a drivers licence appropriate for that vehicle, insurance will be void
- The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), roads north of Colville Township, Ball Hutt Road (Mt Cook), Skippers Road (Queenstown).
- The vehicle is operated outside of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
- It is agreed between the owner and the hirer that section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977 shall apply with respect to the above exclusions as if this clause constitutes a contract of insurance.
- The customer acknowledges that he/she shall be liable for any damages, charges and relocation fees if: Convicted of any driving offence under NZ law where the vehicle, property or any other vehicle is damaged in circumstances which are illegal in New Zealand.
- At any time when the vehicle is loaded or is being loaded in excess of the manufacturer’s specifications
- The hirer acknowledges that he/she shall be liable in respect of the first of the damage or loss referred to in the insurance cover specified in this clause to the amount of the liability fee shown in the Schedule. This applies to damage or loss resulting from the theft or conversion or attempted theft or conversion of the vehicle.
Additional Hire Costs
- First driver is free, additional drivers are NZ$1 each per day unless Stress Free Package is taken.
- A Diesel Road User Tax applies to all Diesel vehicles in NZ. The tax will be calculated and charged on return of your Camper hire based on the kilometers travelled during your hire. The costs can be obtained from our Reservations or Branch Team Members. Jucy reserves the right to amending the Diesel Road User Tax upon Government intervention.
- A NZ$10 premium location surcharge applies for all bookings collecting from Auckland Airport Wellington and Christchurch Airport and NZ$15.00 from Queenstown Airport and Dunedin Airport.
- One way hires between Auckland City and Auckland Airport may incur a NZ$50 relocation fee.
- One way hires between Auckland and Christchurch may incur a NZ$150 relocation fee. A one way fee may apply for Southbound hirers.
- There is a $10 location fee for Wellington hires.
- Baby seats can be requested at time of reservation at a cost of NZ$40 each. Ski racks and snow chains can also be requested at the time of reservation at a cost of NZ$40 each per rental. Subject to availability.
- Any unpaid infringements incurred during the rental period are transferred to the hirers name, and are subject to an additional NZ$40 administration fee over and above the infringement costs. This includes any known and unknown speeding or parking fines.
- Any unpaid Toll Road Infringements incurred during the rental period are subject to a NZ$25 administration fee.
- A fee of NZ$500 will be charged for failure to empty the grey water or toilet cassette (if applicable).
- Except where the customer has a pre-purchased gas option and/or pre-purchased fuel option, failure to return the vehicle will full petrol, diesel and/or LPG tanks will result in refill charges. Petrol, diesel and LPG gas refill charges will be advised upon return of the vehicle. plus an admin fee of $20
Toll Notices & Infringement Fees
The customer is liable for all infringement offences committed during the period of hire, including but not limited to, any fines or charges for traffic offences e.g. speeding offences, a failure to comply with directions given by a traffic signal, toll offences, parking offences and freedom camping offences. In the event that JUCY receives notice(s) of an infringement fine(s), JUCY may either (at its discretion):
- Transfer that infringement fine(s) into the customer’s name and charge the customer an administration fee for each infringement incurred (of $60 including GST for costs associated with the process); or
- Debit the customer’s credit card for the amount of the infringement fine(s) and an administration fee for each infringement incurred (of $60 including GST for costs associated with the process). The customer is hereby notified that, if JUCY proposes to debit the customer’s credit card for an infringement fine(s):
- Jucy undertakes to send (or have sent) to the customer, including by email to the address set out in the Rental Agreement, a copy of the relevant infringement notice and any reminder notice as soon as practicable after it is received by JUCY;
- the customer has the right to challenge, query or object to the alleged
offence to the authority that issues the infringement notice;
•the customer has the right to seek a court hearing (within 56 days from
the date of issue of the infringement notice or 28 days from the date of
issue of the reminder notice); and
- The customer has the right to dispute the matter with the credit card issuer. The administration of the transfer of liability or recovery of infringement fines and charges, debiting of administration fees and related processes by JUCY may be undertaken by VMS (New Zealand) Limited and its related entities as agent for and on behalf of JUCY.
- Jucy shall deliver the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition
- Jucy shall be responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of running the vehicle during the term of hire except that by the terms of this agreement those costs are payable by the hirer. (Note: the hirer shall as soon as practical in any event within 24 hours notify Jucy of any complaints, defects or failure of the vehicle, or claims against Jucy or its agents. If the hirer fails to do so the hirer may be deemed to have waived the same and the company will not be liable for any claims resulting there from.
- Any mechanical or towing expenses required for the vehicle must be authorised by Jucy prior to the repairs or towing taking place. Failure to authorise these expenses may result in the hirer being held liable for the costs.
- Jucy shall provide all agents for Jucy with updated Terms & Conditions and vehicle specifications. Any discrepancies regarding the terms & conditions and/or vehicle category must be addressed via original booking agent.
Mechanical Repairs and Accidents
- Any problems associated with the vehicle including equipment failure must be reported to the owner as soon as possible within 24 hours in order to give the owner the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period. We do not accept any liability for any claims submitted after this period. Jucy will always endeavor to rectify the problem within 24 hours of being notified.
- All vehicles are registered with the Automobile Association (AA) for 24hr roadside assistance. This service covers any mechanical faults with the vehicle. Please note that the AA does not cover the following and the associated costs will be the responsibility of the hirer;
- The vehicle running out of fuel / incorrect fuelling
- Wheels and tyres
- Keys being lost or locked inside the vehicle
- Flat batteries as a result of the lights or keys being left on
- A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident
- PHONE AA Toll Free 0800 734 543
- The hirer shall ensure that no persons shall interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer, or except in an emergency any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension system of the vehicle.
- In the event of an accident the customer shall:
• Notify JUCY of the full circumstances as soon as practical;
• Notify the NZ Police if the accident involves injury;
• Record full details of all parties, witnesses to and vehicles involved in the accident;
• If possible, prepare a written statement of the facts signed by all parties. If agreement cannot be reached, obtain a copy of the Police report
- In the event of an accident the customer shall not:
• Make any admission of liability;
• Arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without JUCY’s prior authority except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
- All AA non mechanical call outs will incur a call out fee, this includes changing tyres and keys locked in the vehicle. No insurance option covers this fee. If the call out is required by a diagnosed mechanical fault, AA will process a refund for the credit card fee.
- The AA service operates 24hrs, however for mechanical repairs outside office hours (including weekends and public holidays), some delays may occur.
- The availability of an exchange vehicle is not guaranteed; provision is subject to availability, client locations, accident liability and remaining hire duration. Hirer charges may be incurred (see below)
- If an exchange vehicle is required as a result of an accident, the hirer is responsible for making their own way to the nearest Jucy branch or pick up location
- JUCY shall not be responsible for the cost of transporting the customer and any accompanying passengers away from the accident location.
- Jucy may offer the hirer the option of paying an exchange vehicle relocation fee to send an exchange vehicle to the hirers location. This charge applies irrespective of any insurance option taken.
- The hirer will pay for any costs relating to delivery of a change-over vehicle as a result of any vehicle accident.This charge applies irrespective of any insurance option taken
- In the event that a replacement vehicle is given due to an accident, any excess reduction option taken is not transferable to the replacement vehicle.
- Even if the hirer has taken the Stress Free Package, they are still responsible for keys being lost or locked in the car and for changing tyres.
- No replacement vehicle will be provided without receipt of a completed insurance claim form where one is required.
- In the event of an accident occurring and an Exchange Vehicle is not available, Jucy will not be liable for any resulting accommodation or living expense that are incurred, nor personal expenses for missed activities.
- If any compensation is approved by JUCY due to an accident, breakdown or equipment failure, JUCY by agreement may compensate the customer the proportionate daily rental rate for the period during which the vehicle could not be used for its intended purpose.
- Any mechanical or towing expenses required for the vehicle must be authorised by JUCY prior to the repairs or towing taking place. Failure to authorise these expenses may result in the customer being held liable for the costs.
- An additional Damage Administration fee of $75 will be applied for processing damage claims. This fee applies to all damage claims regardless of whether the customer elects to use JUCY insurance or has their own insurance arrangements. This fee may be refunded if it is proven that the damage was not due to the customer’s fault.
Use of Vehicle and Additional Items
The hirer shall not use or permit to use the vehicle to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward, unless the vehicle is hired with the knowledge of Jucy for use in a passenger service licensed under Part 1 of the Transport Services Licensing Act 1989.
The hirer shall not:
- Sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person.
- Permit the vehicle to be operated outside his or her authority.
- Operate the vehicle, or permit it to be operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
- Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in breach of the Transport Act 1962, the Traffic Regulations 1976 or any other Act, regulations or by laws relating to road traffic.
- Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated for the transport of more than the number of passengers or more than the weight of passengers or more than the weight of goods specified in the certificate of loading for the vehicle.
- Drive or permit the vehicle to be driven by any other persons if at the time his driving the vehicle the hirer or any other person is not the holder of a current drivers licence appropriate for the vehicle.
- Use the vehicle for the purpose of a courier or delivery service.
GPS - Satellite Navigation Unit
- Due care should be taken with the device while rented from Jucy. Do not leave the unit in sight when the vehicle is unattended.
- The hirer is liable for total loss, missing or damage to the GPS unit, mount, charger and carry case to a maximum charge of NZ$300 inc GST.
- Jucy Rental sis not responsible for any harm, damage, loss or misadventure that occurs as a result of the use or misuse of the GPS unit.
- The hirer agrees to follow all safety and usage guidelines provided by the manufacturer and Jucy Rentals.
Return of the Vehicle
The hirer shall at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the Depot detailed in the Schedule, or obtain Jucys consent to the continuation of the hire. (Note: No refund is available to the hirer if the vehicle is returned earlier than state in the Schedule). The vehicle is to be returned in a clean and tidy condition, if not, a NZ$250 cleaning fee may apply. The vehicle is to be returned with a full tank of fuel (except where the hirer has a pre-purchased fuel option); if it is not filled with fuel a NZ$20 administration fee will apply in addition to the cost of the fuel. If the vehicle waste water and toilet cassette is not emptied, and additional fee of NZ$500 may be charged. If not returned to the branch detailed, a relocation fee of NZ$500 may be charged.
Breach of Contract
The owner shall have the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any Terms and Conditions of this agreement or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of the hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of Jucy and the rights of the hirer under this agreement.
Exchange Rate / Currency Fluctuations
All transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against your credit card and the amount refunded at the expiration of the rental period. The owner is not liable for such variations.
Release and Indemnity of Jucy Rentals
- The customer releases Jucy Rentals, its employees and agents, for any liability to the customer (regardless of who is at fault), for any loss or damage incurred by the customer by reason of rental, possession or use of the vehicle.
- The customer hereby indemnifies and shall keep indemnified Jucy Rentals, its employees and agents, against any cliams, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of the customers use and/or possession of the vehicle.
- Any indemnity required of the customer shall not operate to indemnify Jucy Rentals in respect of any negligent act by Jucy Rentals.
Information is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.