Bicycle & Bike Rack Hire - New Zealand
Cycling around the stunning countryside of New Zealand will expose you to the untouched beauty that it has become so famous for.
Make the scenery last longer and explore back country roads, fabulous landscapes and remarkable highways with the freedom a bicycle offers.
New Zealand is home to some of the world's most sought after cycling trails, so it is no wonder so many people travel here for cycling holidays.
Whether you wish to cycle on a short trail, on an all-day adventure or simply around one of the country towns or major cities, a bike will give you the freedom to travel at your own pace and explore areas a motorhome simply cannot get to.
Some of New Zealand's most popular cycling trails include:
The Queenstown Trail - A 100-kilometre trail within the Wakatipu Basin, exposing cyclists to the wine area of Gibbston Valley, the historic town of Arrowton and the unsurpassed beauty of Lake Hayes.
Taupo Lake Track - Suitable for beginners and intermediates, this track runs for 100-kilometres around Australasia's largest freshwater lake and eventually winds up the in the beautiful Tongariro National Park.
Waikato River Trail - Located in New Zealand's rural heartland, this trail takes in 100-kilometres of the incredible shores of the Waikato River. The track is broken up into smaller individual trails, making it ideal for those seeking short rides.
Other popular regions for cycling include:
- Auckland and Northland
- Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay
- Gisborne and East Cape
- Nelson and Marlborough
- West Coast (South Island)
- Mackenzie Country
- Southern Lakes
When you hire a Britz vehicle for your motorhome adventure in New Zealand, be sure to include bike hire in your rental so you can explore this amazing country in a whole new light!
Bicycle Hire Terms and Conditions
Britz Campervan Hire
- Britz offers two kinds of bikes for hire with your campervan rental: the Britz mountain bike, which is suitable for off-road cycling, and the Britz hybrid bike,, which is perfect for trail and town riding.
- Similar children's models are available on request.
- Child seats are available and can be fitted on request.
- Minimum hire period is 3 days.
- Bike racks can also be hired for an additional cost. A maximum of three bicycles can be carried on all 6 and 4 berth models in the Britz campervan fleet. A maximum of 2 bicycles can be carried on all 2 and 3 berth models.
- A helmet (compulsory in New Zealand), cycle lock and repair kit are supplied with each bicycle.
- The hirer is responsible for repair or replacement costs in cases of damage or loss of the bike and accessories. This includes but is not limited to scratches to bike frames, buckled wheels, damage by keas, missing pumps, locks, multi tool kits, tyre levers and computers.
- A NZ$400 bond applies to bike hires. Insurance is available from Natural High for an additional charge. Without insurance Natural High reserves the right to charge for damage or replacement costs.
- Bicycle hire is only available from Auckland and Christchurch depots, with no additional fees for one-way bike hire.
- Bicycle hire should be completed at the same time as the vehicle hire to avoid disappointment due to non-availability.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pick ups, no shows or changing your mind on the day of the pick up.
Britz Hire Prices
Charges as of March 2014:
- Bicycle Rack - NZ$50 per hire
- Bicycle - NZ$13 per day
- Child Seat - NZ$ per seat per hire